Washington State drivers license

American traffic is different from what you are used in your home country. At first it can be very overwhelming and we all need time to adjust to the driving with new rules and new neighborhoods.

When moving to Washington State you need to get a WA state drivers license within 30 days after you have moved. Depending on which country you have moved from you have to pass a knowledge and driving test.

If you have obtained an International Drivers License before leaving your home country you may use your IDL for up to one year.

If you have a valid drivers license from Germany, South Korea, Taiwan and British Columbia you are exempt. If you move from a different U.S. state (because you transitioned or extend) no test ist required.

For everybody who needs to pass a test but as well for those who want to get more familiar with the american rules or just want to refresh their knowledge please read the following document driverguide-en.

Drive safely. Always.

Sunday, 6 March 2016 10:16 PM


Leave a reply